Family Stories – Complete requirement 1 plus at least three others. Note that any requirement may be completed based on your family of origin OR the family with whom you live.
1. Discuss where some of your family members originated. Discuss family history, traditions, and cultureâ€”your family heritage. Share a story or bring something to share with your den about yourself and your family.
2. Make a family crest.
3. Visit your public library to find out information about the heritage of some of your family members.
4. Interview one of your grandparents or another family elder, and share with your den what you learned.
5. Make a family tree designed for your particular family.
6. Share with your den how you got your name or what your name means.
7. Share with your den your favorite snack or dessert that reflects the cultural heritage of one or more of your family members.
8. Learn where some members of your family came from, and locate the place(s) on a map. Share this information with your den. With the help of your parent, guardian, or
other caring adult, locate and write to a pen pal there.
For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1130068