5:00PM meet at Troop 20 HUT, walk to Pet Vet, 307 Mill St., Mount Pleasant
COMPLETE the Fur, Feathers, and Furns requirement with a visit to Pet Vet Mt. Pleasant. Tuesday nights are when they take in injured wildlife like birds, raccoons, turtles, etc. from the local area and mend them. We will get a tour from the staff veterinarian and then head over to Andolini’s on Coleman Blvd for a fun Den 5 outing. All family members welcome to attend. I would like an RSVP by **Friday, March 9, so I can call ahead for Pet Vet and Andolini’s.
Fur, Feathers, and Ferns
Complete requirement 1 plus three others.
1. While hiking or walking for one mile, identify six signs that any mammals, birds,
insects, reptiles, or plants are living near the place where you choose to hike
2. Visit one of the following: zoo, wildlife refuge, nature center, aviary, game
preserve, local conservation area, wildlife rescue group, or fish hatchery.
Describe what you learned during your visit.
3. Name one animal that has become extinct in the last 100 years and one animal
that is currently endangered. Explain what caused their declines.
4. Observe wildlife from a distance. Describe what you saw.
5. Use a magnifying glass to examine plants more closely. Describe what you saw
through the magnifying glass that you could not see without it.
6. Learn about composting and how vegetable waste can be turned into fertilizer
7. Plant a vegetable or herb garden.
For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1279646