Paws on the Path
Complete requirements 1–5. Requirements 6 and 7 are optional.
1. Show you are prepared to hike safely in any outdoor setting by putting together the Cub Scout Six Essentials to
take along on your hike.
2. Tell what the buddy system is and why we always use it in Cub Scouting. Describe what you should do if you get
separated from your group while hiking.
3. Choose the appropriate clothing to wear on your hike based on the expected weather.
4. Before hiking, recite the Outdoor Code and the Leave No Trace Principles for Kids with your leader. (This may be
combined with requirement 3 of the Call of the Wild adventure.) After hiking, discuss how you showed respect
5. Go on a 1-mile hike with your den or family. Find two interesting things that you’ve never seen before and
discuss with your den or family.
6. Name two birds, two insects, and/or two other animals that live in your area. Explain how you identified them.
7. Draw a map of an area near where you live using common map symbols. Show which direction is north on your
For more information please visit: HTTP://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=1561376